Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tick tock, tick tock.

Time is flying by at the speed of light and I don't know how to handle it. As of today, I only have two solid weeks left. 14 days, people. 336 hours. 20,160 minutes, give or take a few. It's completely surreal. My entire college career so far has been leading up to this semester, this grand adventure. It felt like it was never going to arrive, and, more recently, it felt like it was never going to end. I can't even envision getting on a plane to go home yet. None of it is real.

That's not to say that I haven't been feeling home-sick. This past week was Thanksgiving and I missed my family and friends more than anything that day. I find that I've always taken for granted how lucky I was to be able to go home for a long weekend to spend time with the people in this world who have gotten me through the most.

What has been most fortunate for me, is the fact that I did get to spend time with some really phenomenal friends, who turned out to be even better chefs, this holiday. The entire day was spent making dinner on a budget, and everyone delivered. Even in the cramped kitchens, with limited resources we all managed to throw together something absolutely beautiful, that turned out to be a little taste of home. It was one of those rare days that can be looked back on as something perfect.

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my supportive, loving and strong family. My wonderful friends, home and abroad. The opportunity to be in London and travel Europe, which has opened my eyes to so many new things and changed me, most certainly for the better. For having been able to know Jacob D. Dannels, an amazing person, friend and gifted singer and thespian. May he rest in peace.

The countdown is on, once again, my friends. This time, to a sorrowful goodbye to an incredible city. Here's to living as much as possible for the next two weeks!

Love Always!

facebook. twitter. skype: ellenvarner

 clickclick. click.

No comments:

Post a Comment